Thursday 10 September 2015

Music Video Ideas

This is an example of camera work that I would like to use in my final music video as it follows Goodwin's theory about the use of close-ups whilst also using slow camera movements which I think enhances the emotions of the lyrics and draws our attention to the artist.

Sia's trilogy videos goes against all conventions of music videos as it doesn't feature the artist and none of the lyrics relate to the visuals of the videos. all the videos are also set in one location, also match on action and smooth transitions are used which goes against Carol vernalis' music video theory.





All these videos also feature the same actor/dancer which is very rare rare for an artist to do. The videos are also very abstract and have hidden meanings. http://popdust.com/2015/01/21/sia-shia-labeouf-elastic-heart-music-video-explanation/

Although I am not making a trilogy, I want to make my video unique and different just as Sia has, as it would make my video stand out. I could do this by not making the narrative of the video obvious. This may encourage people to re-watch the video as they may want to find the hidden meanings.

No comments:

Post a Comment